Dealing with anxiety? It could be you have a spirit problem.
The Presence of Spirits
Don’t worry, we all do to various extents. Spirits aren’t the only source of anxiety, but the presence and absence of particular supernatural beings having a major impact on our mental and emotional weather is a real factor of our inner wellbeing.
The Impact of Spirits on Auras
Our spirit, the part of us that is conscious, is constantly moving in and out of auras that affect our thoughts and moods. Auras are heavily influenced by what spirits are present around us. And these auras, and the spiritual influence they convey, can arouse anxiety in us.
How Spirits Impact Our Minds
The principle of our interaction with spirits and the spiritual world is absolutely essential for developing a model of the mind that makes sense of all the seemingly chaotic and at times counterproductive thoughts and feelings that make up our conscious experience, including the onset and persistence of anxiety.
Your spirit is the same thing as your mind, it’s the conscious part of you that inhabits your body. Your body has a location in the physical world, and whatever conditions are around you reach your consciousness through a connection between the physical and spiritual parts of you.
Your spirit has a location in the spiritual world, and because the spiritual world is based around consciousness, consciousness shapes the conditions there. And in that world there are spirits (think people who used to be like us, but now their bodies have died and they’re just spirits) and when they approach, their attitudes, beliefs, and motives, all aspects of their consciousness, either reinforce or clash with our consciousness, changing the spiritual conditions around us that we experience as thoughts and emotions.
Swedenborg’s Notes on Spirits and Anxiety
The idea that spirits are always around us affecting our states took some getting used to for Swedenborg. But after awhile he got used to it and all along he kept careful track of the influence he observed them having on his consciousness. Here are some examples of what Swedenborg reported:
- Some spirits can directly infuse anxious thoughts.
- At times spirits attach themselves to partially digested food and speak about things that are contrary to what we love. We don’t hear it, but we pick it up subconsciously and it manifests as distress.
- Greedy and materialistic spirits pour in anxiety about the future.
- Anxiety can come from the collision of the “spheres of life” or auras that emanate from us and all other spirits.
- There are spirits that interact with our diaphragm, making us place more importance on issues than we really need to.
- And when we’re going through a spiritual transformation, evil spirits stir up all the negative aspects of ourselves.
To Dive Deep
Watch this video for an in-depth look at anxiety-producing spiritual interactions: the contrary speech that distresses us, the collision of auras, and the role of anxiety-causing spirits in our spiritual transformation.
For extras on this topic from the offTheLeftEye team check out our News From Heaven episode “Spirits Make You Feel Guilty About Things That Don’t Matter” and listen to the related Inside offTheLeftEye podcast episode: Anxiety Help and the Sudden Title Change of True Christianity.